Pride Parade Selection Subcommittee
About the Selection Subcommittee
If you wish to be part of the Selection Subcommittee for vehicle entries, please complete the application below before May 16th.
You must be available to join a virtual meeting on Sunday, May 16th at 1:00 pm CST.
With guidance from the Saskatchewan Health Authority, a decision was made to limit the physical parade to a maximum of ~30 entries. We’ll be reaching out to our local 2SLGBTQIA+ community organizations and groups to invite them to be part of a “community showcase” for this year’s parade and we’ll be consulting with community members to help ensure we represent the communities as best as possible.
To facilitate this process, we’re creating a “Parade Selection Subcommittee” made of community members who will meet on Sunday, May 16th, to decide which community organizations and groups will be invited to be part of the vehicle parade.
In addition to vehicle-based entries, this year we plan on including video parade entries which will be open to everyone to take part in.
These videos will be mixed in with the live stream of the vehicle entries to create a hybrid Pride Parade that can include everyone who wishes to participate in the parade.
Why does this committee need to meet so soon? What is the timeline?
– Queen City Pride had challenges in planning the 2021 Parade not knowing what public health restrictions would look like.
– We were able to decide on the parade format last week after discussing it with the SHA.
– Concern over the selection process was realized and plans for this subcommittee were put into action.
– Because there are TWO ways to participate in the parade this year, we wanted to give parade participants enough time to organize, plan and put together their vehicle or video entries and time for organizers to plan for the parade.
– By making the selection decision as soon as possible, we’ll be able to give participants just under a month to prepare.
May 16 – Subcommittee will meet to decide vehicle parade entries
May 17 – Invitations to go out to selected organizations inviting them to confirm their participation
TBD – Video parade entry submissions are due
TBD – Vehicle parade entry confirmations are due
June 12 – Parade Day!