Event Bursary ProgramBoost your new or existing event with Pride!
Application Period runs April 1 to May 31 each year.
Apply for the Annual Event Bursary Fund
Regina Pride’s Event Bursary Fund exists to help create and grow amazing Community Events as part of the Queen City Pride Festival. Through this fund, local event organizers are able to request up to $300 per event to put towards their expenses. Event organizers may request funding for up to 3 separate events or activities.
Applications should be submitted between April 1 and May 31 to be considered.
Bursary Criteria & Requirements
- Priority for funding will be granted to:
- 2SLGBTQIA+ individuals, community groups, and non-profit organizations;
- Events that focus on education, health/wellness, and community-building;
- Events that elevate the voices of historically underrepresented demographics including Black/Indigenous/Two-Spirit/People of Colour, Trans and gender-diverse people, youth, and seniors.
- The purpose of this bursary is to support our community to host events and activities for the Pride Festival.
- This bursary is also meant to support efforts to adapt events that are affected by public health regulations as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- All bursary recipients should be prepared to submit a Final Report following their event which should include the outcome of the event, whether you met your goals or not, and receipts for expenses.
• Production fees
• Project materials
• PPE and COVID-19-related supplies
• Artist, speaker, performer fees
• Efforts to prioritize Black, Indigenous, People of Colour voices and representation
• Efforts to make events more accessible for your audience
• Purchase of alcohol or some food
• Staff and administrative salaries/fees
• Prizes and awards
Positive Space Training
In previous years, Regina Pride has required Community Event Partners to take “Positive Space” training to help ensure that all Pride Festival events can meet the demand for safer and more inclusive spaces in our city.
Until training sessions can be arranged, this will not be a requirement for the 2022 Festival.
Community Event Partners are still asked to review their event plans and consider how they can take steps to ensure that they uphold the spirit of creating “Positive Spaces” that are safer and braver for everyone.
How to Apply
To make it easier for applicants and our team, we simply ask you to email Queen City Pride with your request. Please ensure to include your Event’s Organizer, event name, date and times, location, description, admission charge, a brief budget, and any other information we need to consider.
Our team will review all applications on a first come first serve basis and let you know if the request is approved or declined.
Submit your request between April 1 and May 31
Community Event Registration
Looking to submit your Community Event? Please go to the event registration form.