Event Bursary ProgramBoost your new or existing event with Pride!
Deadline: August 22, 2020
Apply for the 2020 Event Bursary
Regina Pride is excited to offer the Event Bursary to help create and grow amazing Community Events as part of the 2020 Queen City Pride Festival. An organization may submit up to three (3) separate event applications.
Applications must be submitted no later than August 22, 2020, to be considered.
By applying for the Event Bursary, you do not have to complete the Community Event Registration form.
- Priority for funding will be given to community groups and non-profit organizations; events focused on education, health, or wellness; and events that highlight or focus on historically underrepresented groups within the Gender and Sexually Diverse communities (Black, Two-Spirit and Indigenous, Trans and gender diverse, youth, seniors, etc.)
- The purpose of the bursary is to support NEW EVENT IDEAS and to IMPROVE EXISTING EVENTS.
- All bursary recipients will be asked to submit a Final Report following their event which should include the outcome of the event, whether you met your goals or not, and receipts for expenses.
• production and content fees
• artist, speaker, performer fees
• efforts to prioritize Black, Indigenous, People of Colour voices and representation
• efforts to make events more accessible for your audience
• purchase of alcohol or some food
• staff and administrative fees
Positive Space Training
Regina Pride Inc. now requires that all Community Event Partners participate in “Positive Space” training, provided by the UR Pride Centre. Training sessions will be provided at no cost to you and will help ensure that all events taking place during the Queen City Pride Festival meet the demand for safer, braver spaces in our community.
- For events being hosted by an individual: the individual must take part in the training.
- For events being hosted by a group/organization: a minimum of two people (who are involved in planning and present at the event) must take part in the training.
Training is a total of 5 hours across 2 or 4 days. The following days are available:
- 2-day: August 19 and 20 (9:30 am to 12:00 pm)
- 2-day: August 25 and 26 (9:30 am to 12:00 pm)
- 4-day: August 17 to 20 (6:00 pm to 7:15 pm)
- 4-day: August 24 to 27 (6:00 pm to 7:15 pm)
Need to register for training? Please visit this link: https://qcpri.de/2020-training
Ready to Apply?
Application Deadline: August 22, 2020
Community Event Registration
Looking to submit your Community Event? Please go to the event registration form.