Event Bursary ProgramBoost your new or existing event with Pride!
Apply by May 14, 2021
Apply for the 2021 Event Bursary
Regina Pride is excited to offer the Event Bursary to help create and grow amazing Community Events as part of the 2021 Queen City Pride Festival. An organization may submit up to three (3) separate event applications.
Applications should be submitted by May 14, 2021, to be considered. Please contact us directly if you cannot make the suggested deadline.
Bursary Criteria & Requirements
- Priority for funding will be granted to:
- 2SLGBTQIA+ individuals, community groups, and non-profit organizations;
- Events that focus on education, health/wellness, and community-building;
- Events that elevate the voices of historically underrepresented demographics including Black/Indigenous/Two-Spirit/People of Colour, Trans and gender-diverse people, youth, and seniors.
- The purpose of this bursary is to support our community to host events and activities for the Pride Festival.
- This bursary is also meant to support efforts to adapt events that are affected by public health regulations as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- All bursary recipients should be prepared to submit a Final Report following their event which should include the outcome of the event, whether you met your goals or not, and receipts for expenses.
• Production fees
• Project materials
• PPE and COVID-19-related supplies
• Artist, speaker, performer fees
• Efforts to prioritize Black, Indigenous, People of Colour voices and representation
• Efforts to make events more accessible for your audience
• Purchase of alcohol or some food
• Staff and administrative salaries/fees
• Prizes and awards
Positive Space Training
In previous years, Regina Pride has required Community Event Partners to take “Positive Space” training to help ensure that all Pride Festival events can meet the demand for safer and more inclusive spaces in our city.
Until training sessions can be arranged, this will not be a requirement for the 2021 Festival.
Community Event Partners are still asked to review their event plans and consider how they can take steps to ensure that they uphold the spirit of creating “Positive Spaces” that are safer and braver for everyone.
Ready to Apply?
Apply by May 14th, 2021
Community Event Registration
Looking to submit your Community Event? Please go to the event registration form.