Event Bursary ProgramBoost your new or existing event with Pride!
The application period runs from April 15 to May 31 each year.
Apply for the Annual Event Bursary Fund
Regina Pride’s Event Bursary Fund exists to help create and grow amazing Community Events as part of the Queen City Pride Festival. Through this fund, local event organizers are able to request up to $400 per event to put toward their expenses. Event organizers may request funding for up to 3 separate events or activities.
Applications should be submitted by May 31 at 5:00 PM to be considered.
Bursary Criteria & Requirements
- Priority for funding will be granted to:
- 2SLGBTQIA+ individuals, community groups, and non-profit organizations.
- Events that focus on education, health/wellness, and community-building.
- Events that elevate the voices of historically underrepresented demographics including Black/Indigenous/Two-Spirit/People of Colour, Trans, and gender-diverse people, youth, and seniors.
- The purpose of this bursary is to support our community to host events and activities for the Pride Festival.
- This bursary is also meant to support efforts to adapt events that are affected by public health regulations because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- All bursary recipients should be prepared to submit a Final Report following their event which should include the outcome of the event, whether you met your goals or not, and receipts for expenses.
• Production fees
• Project materials
• Venue rental
• PPE and COVID-19-related supplies
• Artist, speaker, and performer fees
• Efforts to prioritize Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour voices and representation
• Efforts to make events more accessible for your audience
• Purchase of alcohol or food
• Staff and administrative salaries/fees
• Prizes and awards
Positive Space Training
In previous years, Regina Pride has required Community Event Partners to take “Positive Space” training to help ensure that all Pride Festival events can meet the demand for safer and more inclusive spaces in our city.
Until training sessions can be arranged, this will not be a requirement for the 2023 Festival.
Community Event Partners are still asked to review their event plans and consider how they can take steps to ensure that they uphold the spirit of creating “Positive Spaces” that are safer and braver for everyone.
How to Apply
Apply using the application form linked below.
Our team will review all applications on a first come first serve basis and let you know if the request is approved or declined.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your request between April 15 and May 31
Community Event Registration
Looking to submit your Community Event? Please go to the event registration form.